Midwives College of Utah
BSM Program Goals
A midwife of technical expertise
1. The undergraduate program aims to prepare students to practice at the full scope of the Certified Professional Midwife credential through the demonstration of broad, integrative, and specialized knowledge. A midwife of professional excellence
2. The undergraduate program aims to prepare students to practice within their own communities and synthesize applied and collaborative learning. Students will engage in the maternity care system professionally and ethically at all times. A midwife of personal greatness
3. The undergraduate program aims to prepare students for reflective practice and a perpetual commitment to contribute to the professionalization of direct-entry midwifery. 4. The undergraduate program aims to prepare graduates to educate others in their profession and in their communities.
My Personal Goals
I will continue to produce podcast episodes with my co-host in order to make connections in the community and share information with families
Find balance with my love for midwifery and serving families with being present and connected with my family
Practice Mindfulness and self-care in order to be present with those I love and care about
My Academic Goals
Stay on top of my studies, attend the live sessions when presented, and not get behind on my assignments
Choose topics to write and research on that are important and of interest to me
I did meet my goal of doing the JUMP program and am currently in Phase 2- (assist phase) of my academics
*Update- I have completed all my numbers for Phase 2 assist and applied for my Prenatal Exam primary under supervision (PUS)
* Update 12/2021 I have completed all required primary under supervision (PUS) prenatal exams and am excited to start my Phase 3 (primary) work
- I have completed all of my continuity of care requirements and 12 of my primary births.
- I plan to be completed with all of my clinical numbers by Fall 2022.
- I plan to graduate December 2022 with my BSM